Arizona TV Station Update - December 2016
Wishing all a blessed and prosperous 2017!
As always, questions, additions, comments and corrections welcome.
- KAET 8.x Phoenix (Arizona Board of Regents for ASU) is set to add PBS Kids programming on channel 8.4 on January 16, 2017. The following translators will also reflect the programming change:
- K03IL-D Bullhead City
- K42AC-D Cottonwood
- K14KK-D Flagstaff
- K43IB-D Globe-Miami
- K49GE-D Kingman
- K31GZ-D Lake Havasu City
- K36FZ-D Meadview
- K47GQ-D Parks
- K43LW-D Prescott
- K03FB Snowflake
- K42EU-D Topock
- KSAZ 10.x Phoenix (NW Communications of Phoenix, Inc.) did not launch Light TV in December, as promised. The Light TV Facebook page only says that the network will launch sometime in 2017.
- KEJR-LD 40.x Phoenix (Hero Broadcasting LLC) has begun broadcasting América TV programming on channel 40.1, however, channel 40.2 identifies as KMOH-TV 6.1 Kingman and KEJR-LD 40.2 Phoenix, leaving one to wonder if Kingman is just getting the infomercials.
- KFPB-LD 50.x Phoenix (Globe LPTV LLC) has added another subchannel, channel 50.8, airing SonLife Broadcasting Network programming with the Spanish-language SAP audio.
- KFPH-CD 35.x Phoenix (Unimas Partnership of Phoenix) is back on air.
- KMCC 34.x (32) Laughlin NV (Cranston Acquisition LLC) has reached an agreement with Luken Communications to air the Action Network on channel 34.1 and Heartland on channel 34.2, replacing now-defunct MundoMax and Queue TV. It is presumed that the networks would also air on the Las Vegas repeater (not always the case in the past).
- KHMP 18.x Las Vegas NV (DNV Spectrum Holdings LLC) has lost its signal of Tuff TV on channel 18.2, replacing it with color bars. It is likely to be a temporary absence.
- KPAZ-TV 21.x (20) Phoenix (Trinity Broadcasting of Arizona, Inc.) has consummated its filing to replace Janice Crouch, deceased, with Laurie Crouch on its Board of Directors.
Construction permits or Special Temporary Authority granted
- The FCC has granted ONE Media LLC special temporary authority to operate a television station operating from Las Vegas NV on RF channel 45 using ATSC 3.0 broadcast specifications. The STA is in effect until June 23, 2017. Technical specifications of the station are unknown.
Applications for construction permits or Special Temporary Authority
- K20FO Sierra Vista (KVOA Communications LLC) has applied to correct its transmitter location and to lower its effective radiated power. Technical specifications: Ch 20; TL 31° 28' 54" N, 109° 57' 33" W; ERP 42 kW directional (1.75° beam tilt); HAAT 641 m.
- The Regents of the University of New Mexico and Board of Education has applied for a new translator TV station to serve Zuni Pueblo NM, making permanent a station that has already been operating for some time under Special Temporary Authority as a translator of KNME-TV. The application has been recommended for approval by the FCC. Technical specifications: Ch 43; TL 35° 6' 50" N, 108° 44' 12"; ERP 1.05 kW directional; HAAT 112 m.