Arizona TV Station Update - November 2016
As always, questions, additions, comments and corrections welcome.
- KAET 8.x Phoenix (Arizona Board of Regents for ASU) has once again added channel 8.5, this time duplicating the KBAQ-FM radio programming on channel 8.4. Channel 8.4 is due to become PBS Kids on January 17, 2017. The changes extend to all of KAET's digital translators as well.
- KSAZ 10.x Phoenix (NW Communications of Phoenix, Inc.) is set to launch Light TV, a family-oriented diginet, sometime in December. Press releases say that it will be on KSAZ-TV, but Fox could put it on KUTP. A request for information from KSAZ-TV has gone unanswered. This change will extend to all of KSAZ-TV's digital translators as well.
- KMOH-TV 6.x (19) Kingman and KEJR-LD 40.x Phoenix (Hero Broadcasting LLC) has plans to replace MundoMax programming on channels 6.1 and 40.1 with América Tevé, following the shutdown of the MundoMax network. The MundoMax feed dropped off suddenly at midnight local time, right in the middle of a movie, following MundoMax top-of-hour station ID and heading into a commercial break. Programming since has been constant infomercials, some in English and others in Spanish, and doesn't follow the América Tevé streaming feed, neither live or on a two-hour delay. The station still identifies at the top of the hour as MundoMax 40, but clearly, it is not MundoMax.
- KTVP-LD 22.x Phoenix (Mako Communications LLC) has added another subchannel, channel 22.7, currently a black screen. Perhaps Jimmy Swaggart wants a fourth outlet in Phoenix for his SonLife Broadcasting Network?
- KFPH-CD 35.x Phoenix (Unimas Partnership of Phoenix) is silent.
- KPDF-CA 41.x Phoenix (Northstar Phoenix License LLC) has finally found a lessee for its vacant channel 41.3, adding LifeHacks TV. Not a lifestyle channel as suspected, it is merely a Direct Response TV, or infomercial, channel.
- K18JL-D 25.x Phoenix (Mako Communications LLC) has added two subchannels. Channel 25.3 is showing color bars and channel 25.4 has a third outlet for SonLife Broadcasting Network, also shown on Mako's KTVP-LP 22.3 and Globe LPTV's KFPB-LP 50.4.
- K19FD Camp Verde (The Camp Verde TV Club Inc.) is broadcasting The Hope Channel.
- K21GE Camp Verde (The Camp Verde TV Club Inc.) is broadcasting Three Angels Broadcasting Network.
- K23FZ Camp Verde (The Camp Verde TV Club Inc.) is broadcasting Amazing Facts Television.
- K25MK-D Camp Verde (The Camp Verde TV Club Inc.) is silent.
- K31LZ Camp Verde (The Camp Verde TV Club Inc.) is silent.
- K47IK Camp Verde (The Camp Verde TV Club Inc.) is silent.
- K49HP Camp Verde (The Camp Verde TV Club Inc.) is silent.
- KVVU-TV 5.x (9) Henderson NV (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation) has replaced its weather feed on channel 5.2 with Bounce TV.
- KMCC 34.x (32) Laughlin NV (Cranston Acquisition LLC) has replaced MundoMax programming with Action TV on channel 34.1, following the shutdown of the MundoMax Network.
- KGNG-LD 47.x (48) Las Vegas NV (King Kong Broadcasting, Inc.) has moved The Justice Channel from channel 47.8 to channel 47.3, replacing Bounce TV, and put QVC Plus on 47.8 in place of The Justice Channel. Rumor has it that Ebru TV, currently showing part-time on channel 47.5, may cease to exist as a network soon.
- XHCTME-TDT 3.x (17) Mexicali BN (Grupo Imagen), like all Imagen TV stations, has been given permission to multicast. Channel 3.1 will continue to air the live feed of Imagen TV, channel 3.2 will be a one-hour delay of Imagen TV, channel 3.3 will be a two-hour delay of Imagen TV, and channel 3.4 will be Excélsior TV.
- Mexico has announced a new auction of TV channels (IFT-6), in which up to 148 new TV channels could begin broadcasting as early as December 2017. Two of the new channels could be viewed in Arizona: channel 16 in Mexicali BN and channel 15 in Agua Prieta SO. If both channels end up in a national network, the network will most likely be assigned virtual channel 6, but the Agua Prieta station would likely use a different virtual channel due to KUAT Tucson already on virtual channel 6 and XHAPS-TDT Agua Prieta already on virtual channel 15.
- XHNSS-TDT 8.x (31) Nogales SO (Jaime Juarista Santos) has rebranded from sietenogales to ochonogales, following its change from virtual channel 7 to virtual channel 8.
- KPAZ-TV 21.x (20) Phoenix (Trinity Broadcasting of Arizona, Inc.) has filed to replace Janice Crouch, deceased, with Laurie Crouch on its Board of Directors. The transfer of control has been approved by the FCC.
- KPPX-TV 51.x (31) Tolleson (America 51, LP) has requested another extension of time to consummate its pro forma assignments of license to Ion Media Phoenix License, LLC.
Dismissed, canceled, expiring or expired
- The license of phantom KZVE-LP 30 Littlefield (Bankruptcy Estate of Hispanic Christian Community Network Inc.) and its digital flash cut application have been dismissed. No reason was given or letter sent, so it's likely that the action was initiated by the bankruptcy trustee.
- KJPO-LD 49.x Parker (Iglesia Manmin Toda la Creacion USA Inc.) has amended its license renewal application to state that the station is currently broadcasting. I wonder. The reported transmitter location puts it in the Harquahala Mountains just east of Wenden and Salome, and TV Fool reports a very terrain-constrained broadcast pattern that serves about a 90° arc generally to the NNW, which covers mostly empty desert. US 60 runs through the broadcast pattern between Aguila and Wickenburg and the intersection with Urea Ranch Rd. is right in the middle of the pattern, so if anyone is in the area that can verify...
Still without a renewed license:
- KHRR 40.x Tucson (NBC Telemundo License LLC)
- KJPO-LD 49.x Parker (Iglesia Manmin Toda La Creacion USA INC.)
- KRPO-LD 21.x Quartzsite (Jenifer Juarez)
- KTAZ 39.x Phoenix (NBC Telemundo License LLC)
- KMCC 34.x (32) Laughlin NV (Cranston Acquisition, LLC)
- KVTE-LP 35 Las Vegas NV (Mountain Ridge Holdings, Inc.)
- KBLR 39.x (40) Paradise NV (Telemundo Las Vegas License LLC)